About NAEE 2012
About the Event
The Nigeria Alternative Energy Expo 2012 is Nigeria’s leading alternative energy Expo. NAEE 2012 takes place at the June 12 cultural Centre,Kuto, Abeokuta, Ogun state from October 29 -31 2012. The event will feature an impressive line-up of local and international speakers, delegates and exhibitors, who will gather to debate a new energy future for Africa’s most populous nation.
This year’s conference will focus on the theme ’Alternative Energy for Increase Capacity and Sustainability. N
NAEE 2012 takes place in partnership with Ogun State, the Renewable Energy Programme of the Ministry of Environment, Energy Commission, The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, (NNPC) and National Agency on Science and Engineering and Infrastructure, (NASENI) and SMEDAN as well as numerous other local and multinational organizations, like Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP), Africa Renewable Energy Alliance, ADB, and World Bank, Clean Energy Business Council from both the public and private sectors. This year event will attract more than 4,000 renewable energy power professionals and exhibiting companies from all over the World.
The objective of the Nigeria Alternative Energy Expo is to:
- Create a platform for all stakeholders to network and transfer knowledge and skills.
- Raise awareness and educate the public about climate change in Nigeria and the World.
- Showcase both local and international initiatives and technologies that are at the forefront of renewable energy and climate change resilience.
- Mobilise Nigerians across all sectors to act on climate change in all aspects of their lives. Create a platform for Business, Government and NGO’s to showcase Alternative Energy solutions and climate change initiatives and technologies.
NAEE is designed to enable participants stay abreast of developments and highlight issues affecting the energy industry and further highlight technologies, strategies and policies covering the wind, solar, biofuel, hydrocarbon, geothermal, ocean/tidal/wave, Agriculture, environment, finance, and hydrogen in Nigeria. There has never been a better time to be a part of this exciting moment that the Nigerian government as pledged to deliver uninterrupted power through alternative energy. Don’t miss this opportunity to network with thousands of experts’ and stake holders in the Nigerian Market.
This session will highlighting the progress so far, challenges and options for generation, transmission, distribution and management of the Nigeria’s Energy sector. Government officials, Company executives, Captains of industries and Parastatals, amongst others will present papers.
This session will be held concurrently with the expo, the Expose will focus on presentations by leading experts on sustainable energy solutions for today and the future of Nigeria. The exhibitor will present their latest technologies and innovations that are already on display to the audience. There will be special Event Day/s and product launch during the Expo please contact Organizers if you are interested.
Attend NAEE 2012 and benefit:
• Networking amongst more than 200 senior level energy sector experts and decision-makers planning and reforming the Nigeria energy sector.
• Hearing from expert speakers presenting the latest and best industry practice.
• Visiting over 100 leading energy suppliers showcasing the latest technologies, equipment and services.
• Reviewing policy and regulation, industry progress, and changing market trends.
• Establishing a remarkable presence in the Nigerian market
• Sourcing and commissioning of local agents for your products
Attend NAEE 2012 and meet:
• Government & Municipality Representatives
• African Utilities & African Ministers of Energy
• Project Developers/Consultants / Analysts
• Environmental Engineering
• Equipment & Technology Solutions
• Energy representatives from the continent
• Automotive & Transport
• Green energy experts
• Commodity Traders / agents &
DATE & VENUE
• Press Day: 29th October , 2012
• Workshop & Expo Day 1: 29th October , 2012
• Expo Day 2 Green Award One on One with the Executive Governor of Ogun State: 30th October , 2012
• Expose day 3 & Networking: 31th October , 2012
Time: 9am – 5pm.
The exhibition ground is over 1000 sqm. It is a five-star, Conference Centre in Ogun State.
Admission to the Exhibition is free but Conference and One on One with the Governor is require registration
All visitors must register on arrival at the Venue. Registration cards must be obtained and completed before one can gain entry into the venue. Invitation cards may be obtained from the Organizers office at the Exhibition arena. Admission badges will be issued and must be worn at all time in the venue for security reasons. Subsequent entries can be made without further registration provided that the assigned badges are won.
A stage with big screen TV and space for a capacity crowd of 500 visitors is proposed to host events such concerts, product launches, stage performances and documentary screenings.
For more formal meetings and networking opportunities, conference facilities will be used, including a 100 – 200 seater auditorium, cocktail venue and individual boardrooms.
Features of NAEE
This Programme is aimed at helping local government officials turn clean energy visions into reality. This will serve as a virtual clearing house of clean energy policy information and tools, and leverage assistance of global partners to offer policy best practices, peer-to-peer learning, expert policy assistance, and training. This programme will promote synthesized lessons from several countries on policies, regulations, planning, and practices for effectively achieving and managing significant renewable energy penetration into municipalities. Participants will be connected to a global network of clean energy experts for personalized attention and quick response to technical assistance on strategies, regulations, standards, financial incentives, and deployment programs. this is the CSI NAEE is committed to.
2. Green Award
This initiative is to honour and recognize companies (of all sizes), government departments, schools, individuals and organizations who have demonstrated their commitment to the advancement of energy efficiency by implementing policies, projects and training that are relevant, innovative and effective in the fields of Green Economy, Energy Efficiency, Urban planning, Communication, Ecology, Engineering, Policy, Clean technology, Lean process, ERPs, Counteracting the disruption of nature such as Mitigating water scarcity & flooding, Preventing and managing pollution, Climate-proofing of infrastructure etc. The winners of the award will be invited to receive the award and sign the Be Green Declaration during the gala dinner in front of an international audience at the 2012 NAEE.
3. Investors Networking Area
The networking areas aim to create engagement session for exhibitors/investors to meet your team and establish relationship on state wide investment opportunities and facilitate as a kick-off stage for industry solution introduction to the state. Additionally, formal and informal meeting rooms will be provided to host private meetings, with Information Technology services (internet, teleconferencing, printing etc) forming part of the facilities as well as an on-line match making platform to allow exhibitors, delegates and visitors to network, meet and make new connections.
4. Media Hub
The media hub is open to all local and international press and media. Facilities to be included are high speed internet, video and teleconferencing facilities and an open office layout. Facilities for a local broadcaster may be provided to host TV interviews, talk shows, etc.
5. Re-duce Re-use Re-cycle Station programme.
Part of the mandate of the expo is to be environmentally friendly and achieve a zero carbon foot print. The Re-duce Re-use Re-cycle station will house initiatives involved in these areas. Such initiatives include recycling, reducing emission by planting trees, the use of environmental friendly materials and placing of recycling bin at key location in the State. NNPC is a Gold sponsor of the programme.
The common areas will showcase landscape art and sculpture, garden walls, rammed earth walls, hay bale walls, an indigenous forest, wind turbines, solar trackers and many other elements.
Nigeria is the most populous black nation in the world and is among the ten largest oil producing Countries in the world, with a population of more than 150 million.
Land mass: 923,768 sq.km
Government: Three-tier-a Federal Government, 36 States Governments, 774, Local Government Administrations.
Official Language: English
Main indigenous Languages: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba
Main Commercial/Industrial Cities: Lagos, Abeokuta, Onitsha, Aba, Kano, Kaduna, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Warri
Main Ports: Lagos Apapa, tin-can Island], Warri, Port Harcourt, Calabar
Main Airports: Lagos, Kano, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Enugu, Calabar, Owerri, Maiduguri, Asaba
Currency: Naira and Kobo N1.00=100k [one naira= hundred kobo / 1 USD = 153 NGN ]
Climate: Temperatures across Nigeria are relatively high with a very narrow variation in seasonal and diurnal ranges [22-36t]. There are two basic seasons; wet and dry. Wet Season lasts from April to October; while Dry Season, is from November to March.
About Ogun State
The State is focused on Commercial development and industrialization of Ogun state with a view to create wealth, generating employment and promoting a conducive industrial climate that will attract foreign direct investment and grow local investment.
The present administration of the Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun FCA, is committed to the real economy development of the state.
THE STATE PROFILE
- State Capital: Abeokuta, it’s about 80km north of Lagos, Nigeria’s Commercial Capital city.
- Location: Ogun state is in the south – western of Nigeria. It is bounded to the west by Benin Republic to the south by Lagos State and Atlantic Ocean; to the East by Ondo State and to the north by Oyo and Osun States.
- Land Area: 16,409.26 square kilometers
- Population: 4 million (Approx.)
- The People: The people of Ogun State belong to the Yoruba ethnic group of South-West of Nigeria.
- Languages: Yoruba and English (official language), and several dialects of the sub-groups.
- Vegetation: High forest zone of Rain forest in this southern part and predominantly savannah region in the North.
- Climate: Tropical pattern with rainy season starting about March and ending in November and followed by dry season. The mean annual rainfall varies from 128cm in the Southern part of the State to 105co in the Northern areas.
- Natural Resources: Endowed with extensive fertile soil for the Agriculture, with savannah belt in the North-Western part suitable for cattle rearing. Vast forest reserves, rivers, an lagoon, rocks mineral deposits and oceanfront.
- Incentive Strategies: In actualization of the government’s vision of commercialization and industrialization of the State, it as put in place strategies to assist and enhance the development and growth of the sub-sector .
|Latitude/Longitude: N 7° 7′ 59.99″ E 3° 21′ 0.00″ (7.13333, 3.35000)|
|Avg. Elevation (DEM): 96 m (315 ft)|
|Time Zone: Africa/Lagos UTC/GMT+01:00|
Nearest places within 200 Km of Kuto, Nigeria (20)
Media and Promotion
The Organizing Committee has initiated comprehensive communication and marketing campaigns and drives aimed at attracting high profile Exhibitors and Visitors across the globe.
The campaign will include but not limited to:
• Extensive and intensive advertising in Nigerian print and electronic media
• Press releases and conferences
• e-mail campaigns
• Website updated on regular basis
• Thousands of pre-show mailers to Trade, Professional, and Government Officials
• Radio, Television and Press Media all round coverage
• Signboards to be placed at strategic places across Nigeria
• Extensive and intensive Posters campaigns
• Advertising through the Commercial Attaches of Foreign Embassies and High Commissions in Nigeria
• Advertising through the Nigerian and other Bi-lateral Chambers of Commerce and Industry
The Organizers will offer a comprehensive Show Management Services during the build-up period and throughout the duration of the event. These services will include:
• Comprehensive Press Coverage
• Business Contacts and Meetings Arrangements
• Floor Control Management
Information and Services
After completion of the application form and payment, exhibitors will receive an Exhibition Brochure which contains all detailed information and instruction to facilitate their successful participation at the expo.
For more information contact: